Noctur.nl Find What's Open Late Near You

Friday, October 23, 2009

Announcing Write or Die Desktop Edition!

NOTE: This is the first day I'm redirecting traffic from the old URL to the new, if you have any difficulties with the new website or the improved functionality of the online version, tweet me or get help here


I am proud to announce the release of Write or Die: Desktop Edition! Now you can have all the procrastination-destroying benefits of Write or Die without the giant kitten of the internet pawing at you for attention! New features, new look, new sounds, same awesome!

Features:
  • Offline, unplug and write!
  • Custom colors
  • Custom sounds
  • Variable grace period
  • Statistics (high score, average wpm, total words written)
  • Save to file
  • Add to existing file
  • Publish to blog
  • Head to Head Word War!
  • And many more
 It is written in Adobe AIR so it works for Windows and Mac and it only costs $10. So unless you're really attached to your writer's block, you might want to check it out.


Click for More Info

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the app! :) Helping me with my huge project in personality psychology. Just to let you know, there is a typo in the link "Try Again" I believe after you finish your writing and click done. It says: wrjteordie.drwicked.com

October 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the internet verison already and as soon as I am able (probuably by friday) I will be buying the desktop verison. Just in time for the novel writing challenge. Thank you so much for this!!!!!!!!!

October 26, 2009 at 10:28 AM  
Blogger TP said...

Ditto to delicium's comment about the Try Again link..

This is a great site. Wish the desktop app worked for my geriatric Mac (OS x.4).
Still, the web app is wonderful. The destructive backspacing mode almost gave me a heart attach -- no no don't take away my words!@A$%^&**(@! Kept me writing all right.

October 26, 2009 at 11:32 AM  
Blogger Nessa said...

I will be getting me some of that. Yes, sir-ree, Bob.

Book Review #4 - Drood

October 26, 2009 at 3:34 PM  
Blogger mikemunsil said...

Hmm. Adobe Air works on my linux box. So this oughta work there too. No?

November 11, 2009 at 12:07 PM  
Blogger M. Gabrielle said...

What happened to electric shock mode?

November 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I bought the Desktop Edition about a week ago, then my drive died. Having replaced it I was wondering how I go about redownloading? I can provide credit info to verify I've paid for it.

Best,


Cam

November 25, 2009 at 6:43 AM  
Blogger Kev-In SaiKan-Do said...

It may become masochist, but I find myself pratically not satisfied with the evilness of the current options.

Gentle should be the music and sounds.
Normal should be the gradual deleting.
Kamikaze should be the entire deleting.

And time options should escalate to much less time. It is currently around 24, 18, 12 and I would put it down to 18, 9, 3.
Or else it's too easy to just hit the space bar and be saved for a whole new 12 seconds with the current evil mode.

I also take the opportunity to thank the creator a lot. Much of my procrastinating was due to wanting more fun action (playing games or seeking excitement) than just sitting and taking this work too seriously, but now I just outdone myself and keep getting wonderful surprises.

By the way, I'm the kind of guy who would aim for 500-700 words in 15 min. kamikaze (like I sugested) evil (of 3 sec) and do fine most of the time. Once I'm done, I will often start over again only because a rush of ideas keeps coming.

Regards,

Kevin

December 25, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home